Thursday, October 25, 2012

Tips for Young Vents and People who want to learn (Part 1.)

Alright! welcome to another column of "A Vent? No Way!!!!" Now, On tips for young vents, and people who want to learn, I would suggest reading Books on ventriloquism, such as "Ventriloquism for Fun and Profit" by Dr. Paul Winchell, and "I Can See Your Lips Moving" by Valentine Vox. Now, as for actually learning, I learned from Jimmy Nelson, on his CD "Instant Ventriloquism And Ventriloquism for the beginner" and then there was another "Ventriloquism 2" They're both on a site called "Ventriloquism 101" for 30 dollars TOGETHER. you can get both CD's in one set for $30 like I said, and if you take it seriously, Then you will get better, and better, and better. BUT! the common misconception about ventriloquists, is we don't actually "Throw" our voices. we make it seem like we do that, but it's all a trick! if you read these books, and, listen to that CD, you will learn how to "throw" your voice, change it, make simple hand, and sock puppets. In no time, Who knows, you might be another successful vent, or maybe you just want to do it for fun! whatever you decide to do, YOU MUST practice! I know you've heard it before "Practice makes perfect!" but it's true, I can testify to that! you're lips WILL move if you don't practice. my lips moved, I fixed it right away! I know it sounds harsh, but ventriloquism CAN NOT be done overnight. If you would like to learn a trick about ventriloquism. leave a comment on the blog and say what trick you would like to learn and I will teach it to you. DISCLAIMER: if you haven't figured it out already, This is weird! Ventriloquism is weird. I learned this lesson a LONG time ago. so, with that said, I love what I do, and if you're going to do this with me, you better love what you do! Let's do this!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment